Schulak Farm was first purchased in 1831 from the U.S. government and developed into an orchard in 1845, when the land was purchased by Theron Murray. The land changed hands several times over the years, with the Schulak Family purchasing it in 1975. The Parks Commission purchased the property in 1998. The farmhouse was renovated in 2002 for public use and the first phase of restoring the barn was done in 2005. Today, the farmhouse is available for rentals for meetings, showers, small weddings, and Parks and Recreation programs and events.